The Activate Phase: In Stages Beginning Nov. 5*
The NVAR region will be converting to the new system in stages, beginning the week of November 5. Be sure to check your emails from Bright to find out when your exact conversion date is.
The Activate Phase is when the preview ends and the conversion takes place. You will not be able to access MRIS after the conversion.
If you have converted to Bright and are able to login, then there are just a few more things to do before you get started:
1. Turn on your auto email.
Your auto emails were imported to Bright as “turned off” (i.e., as saved searches in Bright). This was done so you could make sure all of the information is accurate before anything is sent to your client. Your clients will NOT receive any listing information from you until you go in and turn your saved searches into auto emails.
To turn your Saved Searches into an auto email, follow these steps:
- Click Search in the menu and then select Saved Searches.
- Select the name of the saved search to convert.
- Click Settings.
Choose the top link Turn this Saved Search into an Auto Email.
2. Edit your active listings to add information for new required fields.
There are fields required in Bright that were not required before. Set aside time to update this information now so it’s done when you want to make a quick price or status change later. It will also help make your listings more searchable and available to buyers and their agents.
3. Set your Client Portal Notifications.
Portal activity notifications alert you to activity or comments left by your clients in the new Client Portal. By default, these alerts are turned off until you select which type of notifications you would like to receive. To set these notifications, go to Account & Settings (located under your name in the right hand corner of the screen), choose MLS Settings and select Portal Notification Settings.
If you did NOT login, the instructions are below:
Go to brightmls.com and click Login in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
- Your Login to access Bright is your MRIS subscription ID.
- Enter your Login.
- Use the temporary password you received by email when your preview began three weeks ago. If you don’t have your temporary password email, you can click Forgot Password? to reset your password.
- Enter your Login and your new password will be sent to the email on file.
If you need help logging in you can get login help here.
Click here to sign-in to Bright and register for training.
Check out the training videos here.