NVAR INSTRUCTOR OVERVIEW
Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor for the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors®. We have a history of providing quality education to our students with instructors of superior caliber.
To be considered as an instructor candidate for Continuing Education or Post Licensing courses, you must meet the following application criteria:
Hold an active Virginia broker’s license with five (5) years of recent discipline-free, real estate experience as verified by NVAR and the Virginia Real Estate Board (DPOR). *
- Have or be willing to obtain a real estate instructor license through the Virginia Real Estate Board
- Hold active, primary membership in good standing with NVAR.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year teaching experience and/or fifty (50) hours in the past two (2) years.
Applications also are subject to an audition (in person or by providing a video demonstration) and evaluation of presentation skills. Instructor positions are conditioned upon maintaining favorable evaluations and feedback. If you meet the criteria set forth above and wish to be considered for a personal interview and/or an audition, please send us:
Your resume complete with teaching experience
- Completed NVAR Instructor Application Form, which includes three (3) references (not students)
- A copy of your active Virginia broker’s license
- A copy of your active Virginia instructor’s license
- A link to your video demonstration (if applicable)
Please email these items to: Education@NVAR.com
Please note, the NVAR Real Estate School cannot guarantee a certain number of hours or a specific schedule of classes.
If you have any questions about The Real Estate School or about our instructor requirements, please email the education department or call Reneé Brown or Brenda Heffernan at (703) 207-3244. Thank you again for your interest in our school!
*Broker license is not required if you are teaching a stand-alone course in your area of expertise.
Click here to download the application.