With less than two weeks until the 2018 mid-term elections, there is still time to vote early and make sure you do not get stuck out of town or with a client on election day. The deadline for voting absentee in person is Saturday, November 3, at 5 p.m. Check your local jurisdiction for in-person absentee voting hours and locations.
Reminder, there are 20 valid reasons to vote absentee in Virginia, including:
- Business outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- Personal business or vacation outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- Working and commuting to/from home for 11 or more hours between 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM on Election Day
- Physically unable to go to the polls because of an illness or disability.
- Primarily and personally responsible for the care of a disabled/ill family member confined at home
- An electoral board member, registrar, officer of election, or custodian of voting equipment
- I have a religious obligation
- Authorized representative of candidate or party serving inside the polling place
- Granted a protective order issued by or under the authority of a court of competent jurisdiction.
To learn more about these and other circumstances in which absentee voting is available, see the Complete list of information from Virginia Department of Elections