Please be advised that the latest driver update from Windows Update for your SCR3310 USB Smart Card Reader has been causing some issues.
Installing this device driver update may disable your smart card reader. This update is listed under optional updates and is called:
"SCM Microsystems, Inc. - Other hardware, Smartcard Reader ...".
This optional Microsoft update was released in Dec 2012 for SCM based card readers. Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- The card reader does not appear in the device manager.
- The sounds for connect/disconnect of USB devices repeat over and over.
- Intermittent reading of the SentriCard®.
**** If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 and you are using an SCM card reader please do not install the Microsoft update for SCM card readers.
**** If you are not experiencing any issues with your smart card reader you do not need to take any action at this time.
If you are experiencing issues with your smart card reader, try the following steps:
The RollbackSCRDriver application removes the current driver (4.61) and replaces it with the previous working version of the SCR 3xxx driver. The SentriCard® Reader should remain plugged in during the following process:
1. First go to http://www.sentrilock.com/files using your web browser.
2. Next, download and RUN the "Card Reader Driver Rollback for Windows"
3. After the application finishes (roughly 30 seconds after clicking Install), confirm that the SentriCard® Utility works by inserting your SentriCard® into the card reader, your Log In screen should appear.
4. If the issue remains, run the RollbackSCRDriver application a second time.