NVAR administers both proceedings for violations of the Code of Ethics and arbitrations which resolve monetary disputes.
Why do we have a Code of Ethics?
The NVAR Rules and Regulations provide guidelines to regulate the use of the lockbox system used by our REALTOR® and Affiliate members. Anyone who wishes to receive access to the system must agree to abide by the regulations that have been developed by NVAR to govern access to this system. Click here to learn more information about the NVAR Rules and Regulations. For the "Assistants & Affiliates" Rules & Regulations, click here.
NVAR Bylaws are the rules that govern the operation and management of your association. It covers the fundamental governance issues regarding the objectives of our association, qualifications for membership, election procedures for our Board of Directors, and other important topics. Click here to view the NVAR Bylaws.
Beyond the Golden Rule
In 2009, NVAR created a Special Edition of Update Magazine, specifically focusing on ethics issues. It was entitled, "Beyond the Golden Rule: Ethical Practice Means Professionalism".
Articles: Beyond the Golden Rule
- Make No Complaint About ItThe Most Common Professional Standards Complaints:… Read More
- You can only use your SentriCard® to access properties pursuant… Read More
- Answered by the Metropolitan Regional Information Systems Compliance Department By… Read More
- If There Is A Finder’s Fee Or A Cash Incentive.… Read More
- Case 1: Brokers are responsible for the proper maintenance of… Read More