Entering your listings is about to get a whole lot easier with New Keystone!
Click Here to Visit Keystone Help, where you can:
- Watch the tutorial videos
- Download the new reference guides
- Sign up for training
- Access quick tips
- Download the New Keystone Profile Sheet
NVAR has launched their new logo, tagline and brand identity!
In addition, members will soon see a new look for this website, a new member services guide, and additional enhancements to be announced in the coming weeks.
Our new tagline, "Takes You Further®", will guide NVAR in all aspects of our member services, including Professional Services, Education, Government Affairs, Membership Services, Realtor® Shop and our various member-focused events throughout the year.
With this new look and focus, all NVAR staff and member leadership look forward to fulfilling our renewed commitment to our many thousands of Realtor® members and affiliates in the Northern Virginia region.
NVAR Takes You Further®
NVAR is proud to announce the new RazorPath® Online Realtor® Education school! More information and CE classes coming soon!
Click the video frame to see the consequences of ignoring your CE requirements!
Click here to see this video in larger format on YouTube!
The NVAR Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for Director‐at-Large positions on the 2014/2015 Board of Directors. (Download Form)
As a courtesy to the individuals nominated, please obtain their permission to submit their names to the Nominating Committee for consideration. The nominees should be willing and able to attend their interview session and serve on the Board of Directors for the 2014/2015 term.
Please remember that the Nominee must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be a member of NVAR or another local association for a minimum of five years, with a minimum of two years NVAR membership; and
- Past involvement with NVAR activities, with at least two years of participation in NVAR committees or forums.
You must complete and return this form by THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2013 at 5 p.m. E.T.
Effective July 1, 2013 the new SentriLock address will be 7701 Service Center Dr., West Chester, OH 45069.
To facilitate our move, we will be closing the Customer Support Call Center at 9:00 pm EDT on Saturday June 29th, instead of the usual 12:00 am closing time. The Customer Support Call Center will reopen as usual at 8:00 am EDT on Sunday June 30th.
During the moving of our IT infrastructure, our redundant servers in our Denver, CO co-location will allow agents to renew their SentriCard® during the hours our Cincinnati Office is moving after 9pm on June 29th. Our website, www.sentrilock.com will remain operational for the majority of that time as well, with only minimal interruption.
It is our intent that our customers experience little to no impact on how they utilize our system. Our plan is to make this transition as seamless as possible to all of our customers.
However, unforseen situations can arise, therefore we recommend the following as precautionary actions:
- Have agents renew their SentriCard® before 9pm EDT on Saturday June 29th. This will ensure their card is updated through the weekend at a minimum.
- Have agents obtain any needed One Day Codes for Saturday June 29th and Sunday June 30th prior to 9pm EDT on Saturday June 29th.
We are extremely excited about this move to our new Headquarters and look forward to continuing to deliver exceptional customer service to you and your members.
June 27, July 11, 18, 25, August 1 & 8, 2012 - 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day
NVAR Headquarters – Fairfax
$345 NVAR Member/ $365 Non-member - Register Here
This multi-day, 45 hour course with instructor Margaret Ireland will provide you with the tools you will need to establish and manage a successful real estate brokerage:
- How to become a leader and manager
- Improving communication skills
- Planning and organizing your office
- Review ethics, finances, marketing, advertising, hiring and directing your staff
- Make employees more effective through professional development practices
- Tips for monitoring your operations and risk management.
NAR's Marketing and Business Development is pleased to announce that the Member Guide web site and mobile apps have been reorganized and redesigned, and is now called the Member Center.
Click here for the fact sheet outlining the new features and their benefits to members and associations.
2013 New Virginia Laws
effective July 1, 2013 unless stated otherwise
R® designates Realtor®-sponsored legislation!
Licensing and Regulation
R® HB 1480 (Farrell), Fair Housing Violations: The Virginia Real Estate Board will hear Fair Housing cases involving both licensed and unlicensed respondents. In no event shall the jurisdiction for the same case be split between the Real Estate Board and the Fair Housing Board.
HB 1641 (Knight)/SB 1179 (Ruff), DPOR Investigations: DPOR boards shall provide regulants a notice advising of the right to be heard at an informal fact-finding conference prior to any disciplinary decision. If the regulant does not request a conference within 30 days of receipt of the notice, the board may issue a case decision.
R® HB 2073 (Yancey), False Advertising: Licensed real estate brokers or salespersons shall not be liable for false advertising when relying on public records or information from a third party. This includes any civil action or regulatory action brought under the real estate licensing laws.
- VHDA - Real Estate Professional Training Session
- Instanet Firefox Issues
- MRIS Document Management = Time Management
- Historic Transportation Funding Bill Brings Money to Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County to Begin Strict Enforcement of Sign Ordinance
- Who's on the Move?: DC Metro Migration Patterns
- Instanet Solutions 'Lite' and Broker File Manager Upgrades
- Housing Recovery to Make a Transition in 2013
- SentriLock Encounters Hughes Net Card Utility Issues
- A resolution to the Mac / Card Utility issue
- Bad SCM Driver Affecting SentriCard Readers
- NAR Advises On Fiscal Cliff
Must be Logged in to Access
INSTANET ONLINE FORMS
Free to NVAR Members
EDUCATION & TRAINING
CE Requirements, Online Classes
Join Now, SentriLock, Get Involved
Sign Riders, Books, Lockboxes
GOV'T AFFAIRS / RPAC
Our Portal for Realtor® Issues!
For Professional Services Questions
NoVA Market Analysis
Our Award-Winning Publication
Featured Realtor® Shop
$3.50 - Lockboxes
$88.00 - Lockboxes
The NVAR Realtor® Shop is open from 10 AM to 2 PM on some Saturdays, when there are CE classes. Location varies between Herndon and Fairfax. Please see the NVAR calendar for more info.
NVAR Text Message Alerts!
Our Newest Service! Please OPT-IN for NVAR text message alerts!
Items of Interest!
Visit our Items of Interest page!.
You'll find NVAR Announcements, local news, industry news, and links to interesting articles for Realtors®!
MRIS NoVA Market Analysis
Click the video below to see the latest MRIS MarketWatch NoVA Market Analysis Video!
A larger format version can be seen here.