If you are experiencing difficulty with your SentriCard following a COX cable update, restarting the router or computer should fix the issue.
Also, Sentrilock will be closed on Monday, May 27 for the Memorial Day holiday.
Attend this eighth annual cornerstone event where you will:
- Discover the latest U.S. real estate trends and statistics.
- MRIS will introduce a potential new powerful public records system called Realist.
- Hear from a panel that includes a loan officer, a Realtor®, and an appraiser discussing current issues and concerns in the real estate industry.
Session Topics include:
- Disclosure Shall Set You Free (2 Hour CE Credit)
- Practicing Across Jurisdictions
- The Dos & Don’ts Of Advertising Properties Not Yet In MLS
(1 Hour CE Credit)
- Brokerage Office Procedures Manual Workshop
- Unpermitted Renovations - How Do They Affect The Property
- Common Terms In Builder Contracts
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 7 PM to 9 PM
Woo Lae Oak Restaurant - 8240 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182 (map)
Come be a star at the NVAR Karaoke Night and help your Realtor® Party.
Plus: Free Valet, Hors d'oeuvres and Prizes!
Per Individual - $75 per person
Register with the flyer here or Register Online
*100% is a contribution to NV/RPAC. Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes and are used for political purposes.
2013 New Virginia Laws
effective July 1, 2013 unless stated otherwise
R® designates Realtor®-sponsored legislation!
Licensing and Regulation
R® HB 1480 (Farrell), Fair Housing Violations: The Virginia Real Estate Board will hear Fair Housing cases involving both licensed and unlicensed respondents. In no event shall the jurisdiction for the same case be split between the Real Estate Board and the Fair Housing Board.
HB 1641 (Knight)/SB 1179 (Ruff), DPOR Investigations: DPOR boards shall provide regulants a notice advising of the right to be heard at an informal fact-finding conference prior to any disciplinary decision. If the regulant does not request a conference within 30 days of receipt of the notice, the board may issue a case decision.
R® HB 2073 (Yancey), False Advertising: Licensed real estate brokers or salespersons shall not be liable for false advertising when relying on public records or information from a third party. This includes any civil action or regulatory action brought under the real estate licensing laws.
Instanet has identified a Firefox browser setting issue that is causing users to have forms editing problems after updating to Firefox 19 or 20. The issue was caused by default setting changes made to Firefox by Mozilla without any prior notice.
The fix is a quick setting change. They have documented the change in the attached PDF instruction document and in this video http://bit.ly/SupportVid_FF_19_20.
Also, they have made a change to the system so that people using Internet Explorer (IE) 10 will see the PDF version of the forms editor, rather than the HTML5 version of the forms editor by default, as has normally been the case with all prior versions of IE.
Please contact Instanet Customer Service with any questions.
- MRIS Document Management = Time Management
- Historic Transportation Funding Bill Brings Money to Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County to Begin Strict Enforcement of Sign Ordinance
- Who's on the Move?: DC Metro Migration Patterns
- Instanet Solutions 'Lite' and Broker File Manager Upgrades
- Housing Recovery to Make a Transition in 2013
- SentriLock Encounters Hughes Net Card Utility Issues
- A resolution to the Mac / Card Utility issue
- Bad SCM Driver Affecting SentriCard Readers
- NAR Advises On Fiscal Cliff
- High Alert at Open Houses For All Realtors®; Be On the Lookout
- NVAR Forms Changes for 2013!
Holiday Schedule Notice
NVAR offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.
SentriLock will also be closed on Monday, May 27. The SentriLock Support department WILL be available Saturday and Sunday.
We wish all a safe and happy holiday!
Must be Logged in to Access
INSTANET ONLINE FORMS
Free to NVAR Members
EDUCATION & TRAINING
CE Requirements, Online Classes
Join Now, SentriLock, Get Involved
Sign Riders, Books, Lockboxes
GOV'T AFFAIRS / RPAC
Our Portal for Realtor® Issues!
For Professional Services Questions
NoVA Market Analysis
Our Award-Winning Publication
Featured Realtor® Shop
$3.50 - Lockboxes
$88.00 - Lockboxes
The NVAR Realtor® Shop is open from 10 AM to 2 PM on some Saturdays, when there are CE classes. Location varies between Herndon and Fairfax. Please see the NVAR calendar for more info.
NVAR Text Message Alerts!
Our Newest Service! Please OPT-IN for NVAR text message alerts!
Items of Interest!
Visit our Items of Interest page!.
You'll find NVAR Announcements, local news, industry news, and links to interesting articles for Realtors®!
MRIS NoVA Market Analysis
Click the video below to see the latest MRIS MarketWatch NoVA Market Analysis Video!
A larger format version can be seen here.